Lupus or any chronic illness can bring about an array of emotions that can occur in any order and lasts until God gives you the courage to move on to the next phase. He knows when we focus on his work in our life , we’ll discover our spirit and courage to react to the life-altering event we have been assigned to.
1. Denial-Don’t give into fear, but break its hold through scripture. Our willingness to obey is a key to answered prayer. Instead of denial, if we demonstrate thankfulness in harsh circumstances, other people may see our response. The people in our life will want the peace they see within us for themselves.
2. Anger-This can ruin relationships and make it difficult for a person to move forward in life. It is a painful storm of resentment that will always block our path to righteousness. This is a hard one but, rejoice in the fact today that God is giving ou this opportunity to give him glory.
3. Bargaining-This is a negotiation for extended time. We must realize the first rule of warfare is to know one’s enemy. Through God we can conquer Satan and win our unseen battles. The combined forces of hell cannot equal the supernatural forces of a single believer. To me, bargaining tries to defy logic. We just need to believe and praise the Lord.
4. Depression This is an unbelievable force that can be the toughest stage to go through. I seem to keep coming back to this process over and over. We are to fix our gaze on the Saviour, and let his joy become yours. With so much out of our control , it is such a relief that we are called to get our joy from the Lord. Depression can become a major stumbling block. Do not give in to fear but live in confidence. Lean on your relationships but process your feelings and brace yourself for God’s grace.
5. Acceptance-Humble yourself. People who pass through these stages can enter a single one for a long period of time. God has a purpose in mind for each experience whether pleasant or difficult. This is the time to trust God, grow in your love, and never forget how Jesus embraces us. We are his masterpiece and no matter how fragile our bodies get we are perfect because God designed something different for us. Our relationship with him will take us to a place where we can finally say we are done with this fight. I am unique and my purpose has been faultless.